[stunnel-users] "stunnel -version"

Ludolf Holzheid lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
Fri Aug 27 13:30:08 CEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-08-27 08:36:52 +0000, Felix E. Klee wrote:
> I installed the official stunnel 4.33 binary on Windows XP/32.
>
> And, when I execute "stunnel -version", a popup window appears with
> the following message:
>
>   ---------------------------
>   stunnel 4.33 on Win32 (not configured)

Felix,

"not configured" is a fixed text. I suppose it wants to say the
Makefile et al. weren't created by the ./configure script (in contrast
to e.g. stunnel on POSIX operating systems).

>   ---------------------------
>   Stunnel server is down due to an error.
>   You need to exit and correct the problem.
>   Click OK to see the error log window.
>   ---------------------------
>   OK
>   ---------------------------
>
> Shouldn't that just work? What may be the cause for the problem?

It does work.

Showing the log window is stunnel's way to output text messages on
Windows, as there isn't necessarily a console to send the output
to. (And the message box gives the 'opening credits' ;-) )

> [..]
>
> After clicking "OK" to close the popup message, I get some more info,
> though meaningless to me:
>   stunnel 4.33 on x86-pc-mingw32-gnu with OpenSSL 1.0.0 29 Mar 2010
>   Threading:WIN32 SSL:ENGINE Sockets:SELECT,IPv6
>
> [..]

This is the information you requested to be shown by
"stunnel -version".

HTH,

Ludolf

Ludolf Holzheid             Tel:    +49 621 339960
Bihl+Wiedemann GmbH         Fax:    +49 621 3392239
Floßwörthstraße 41          e-mail: lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
D-68199 Mannheim, Germany