[stunnel-users] "bind: Address already in use (48)"

Dino Buzzetti buzzetti at philo.unibo.it
Sat Apr 10 03:09:29 CEST 2010

Please pardon me if this is an improper question to the list.
But I am a freshman who uses stunnel to connect to his
university library proxy from abroad.  I had stunnel
installed and it worked properly, but after an upgrade
of all old ports, solicited by the installation process
of a new application requiring MacPorts, stunnel doesn't
work anymore.  I have tried to re-install it, but I still
get the same error message

> Error binding squidssl to ::1:8095
> bind: Address already in use (48)

Any clue as to what might have engaged the 8095 address
and on how I might try to solve the problem?

Best,     -dino buzzetti