[stunnel-users] Random Client Ports

Ludolf Holzheid lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
Wed Sep 2 17:19:54 CEST 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-02 16:22:35 +0200, Reinier van der Gugten wrote:
> I included STunnel in a VB application, and want to start it using the shell command (how else?)
> If I start STunnel from the commandline (dos box) it works fine (stunnel\stunnel.exe)
> However from within code I get an error:
>
> Dim MyProcID As Integer = 0
> MyProcID = Shell("Stunnel\STunnel")
> stunnel.conf: No such file or directory (2)

Reinier,

This says, stunnel is found and started by the system, but stunnel
does not find stunnel.conf.  Maybe it doesn't correctly determine it's
own location in relation to the working directory.

You might try to specify stunnel.conf on the command
line, e.g.

  MyProcID = Shell("stunnel\stunnel stunnel\stunnel.conf")

or

  MyProcID = Shell("stunnel\stunnel .\stunnel.conf")

or something along those lines.

Ludolf

Ludolf Holzheid             Tel:    +49 621 339960
Bihl+Wiedemann GmbH         Fax:    +49 621 3392239
Floßwörthstraße 41          e-mail: lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
D-68199 Mannheim, Germany