[stunnel-users] Stunnel for secure email connections; email headers ?

Lee uklee at ukonline.co.uk
Sun May 24 00:25:17 CEST 2009

Hello,

I have been dabbling with Stunnel in order to do the following:
Connect with remote POP3, IMAP and SMTP servers using a secure connection;
Path those connections on my Windows XP desktop pc through Avast
Anti-Virus and/or Popfile to Mozilla Thunderbird.

After much fiddling and grinding of my rusty mental muscles, I appear to
have everything working and pathing properly. However I am not confident
and some amount of luck has been involved in settling on the apparently
correct pathing, ports settings and stunnel.conf

So, my question here is;
Can I look for anything in the email headers to verify that I am
actually achieving a locally made secure connection using Stunnel? Or,
if necessary, can I force something into the headers to show this?

As I imply, results/clues suggest all is in place correctly, but part of
me doesn't really believe I have actually done it.
:)

Thanks very much,
Lee
UK

---
Virus Database (VPS): 090523-0, 23/05/2009
Tested on: 5/23/2009 23:25:18