[stunnel-users] Stunnel v4.25 support for IPv6

Michal Trojnara Michal.Trojnara at mobi-com.net
Mon May 18 10:06:09 CEST 2009

Bansal, Gaurav (Gaurav) wrote:
> We need to support dual stack support for IPv6 and IPv4. We are
> currently using stunnel v4.25 to encrypt traffic between mod_jk
> connector and JBoss Application server. So one node in a cluster can be
> a IPv4 machine and other can have IPv6 address.
>
> We would like to know if stunnel v4.25 supports both IPv4 and IPv6
> setup.

IPv6-enabled stunnel gracefully handles both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.  You
can accept connections on IPv4 and IPv6 addresses and your can connect IPv4
and IPv6 addresses without any special precautions.

> Is exclusive support for IPv6 available in stunnel v4.25?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "exclusive support for IPv6"...
If you only accept connections on an IPv6 address I guess you could say you
"exclusively" support it.