[stunnel-users] persistent SSL connection

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Mon Mar 16 14:56:48 CET 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 12:59:16PM +0100, delaage.pierre at free.fr wrote:
> Quoting Peter Pentchev <roam at ringlet.net>:

You might want to fix your mailer's idea of quoting, since I did not write
what you yourself wrote :)

You wrote:
> For persistent connexion, use ssh tunneling instead of stunnel.

Unless, of course, you are trying to communicate with a third-party
product that speaks SSL - if either the client or the server is not
under your control, there's no way to make them use multiplexed SSH
connections instead of SSL :)  But if it's just stunnel on both sides,
then yes, SSH tunneling may be a better choice for multiplexing, although
it has its own problems - most often related to connection keepalive,
especially if there is some kind of firewalling gateway on the path.

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam at ringlet.net    roam at space.bg    roam at FreeBSD.org
Hey, out there - is it *you* reading me, or is it someone else?