[stunnel-users] Newbie Question - Moving stunnel to another machine

Dave Nasralla stunnel at nasralla.com
Fri Mar 13 17:25:53 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm pretty new to the unix command  line and stunnel.
I am running Mac OS 10.5 with the latest version of stunnel.

I was able to get stunnel up and running on my computer and it is
working fine
  ( - I installed X-Cold, used Darwinports, got it compiled and
configured, and launching at bootup).

My question is:
If I have an identical Machine (same hardware and OS), is there an
easy way to move stunnel over to it?
I copied the stunnel executable and the configuration file over to the
new machine.
I ran it from the terminal command line.

% /Applications/stunnel /Applications/stunnel.conf

The original location on my machine was (/opt/local/bin/stunnel  /opt/
local/etc/stunnel/stunnel.conf)

No errors (got the prompt back). But no services start on the
configured ports.

Am I missing support files? Or am I being dumb to think you can simply
copy the program over. I was hoping to not have to jump through the
same hoops to get it up and running.

Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,

dave naz

PS It is a simple configuration to help non SSL Mail clients connect
to GMail - no certs involved.