[stunnel-users] using webdav: YES IT WORKS WITH NET USE

delaage.pierre at free.fr delaage.pierre at free.fr
Sat Jul 18 23:56:20 CEST 2009

Well after some more tests I achieve net use to work:
UseBasicAuth is VITAL on the xp client (reboot)
Accordingly configure apache with basic plain text auth

stunnel routing localhost:80 to remote:443 (as you did)

to pass your credentials use EXACTLY this command line :

net use y: \\localhost\davfolder (with no extra \) YOURPASSWORD
/USER:YOURUSERNAME
(this in the only way to have hhtp credentials sent to the server).

tested on client: xpsp2 + kb892211 + kb911927 (IMPORTANT ALSO, needs reboot) +
stunnel 427 and server apache 2.2.6/Mandriva 2008.
kb907306 replaces 892211, but I have not tested with it (I think it should
work).

If you cannot achieve it to work please let me know the exact error message you
receive from windows.

Again your problem is only related to windows issue, not stunnel.

Pierre