[stunnel-users] Distinguished Name (DN) is a cleartext network communication?

Tobias Dussa tobias.dussa at kit.edu
Fri Jan 9 07:50:26 CET 2009

Hi,

[...]
> But this setup is senseless, since the DN is readable with a network sniffer.
> It does not appear harmless any longer after a closer look into the network
> traffic. But it have to.
> Now, I need an other idea to implement such s service.

One easy solution that comes to mind is to deploy an outer SSL tunnel
for privacy and then set up an inner SSL tunnel for traffic
separation.  However, I think this would require stunnel on the client
side as well, at least for legitimate users.

Cheers,
Toby.
--
begin  LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.txt.vbs
I am a signature virus.  Distribute me until the bitter