[stunnel-users] Stunnel (v4.26) Running, Working, but Sometimes Aborting

Jeff Salisbury Jeff at BeaconPlanning.com
Fri Jan 9 01:34:47 CET 2009

Greetings,  We are new to stunnel.  We've installed Stunnel v4.26 on a
handful of Windows XP machines, and we can send and receive emails
through the Stunnel configuration.  These XP machines reboot
automatically every night.  Many mornings, when the user sits down and
tries to initially send email, the email hangs and Stunnel aborts (or
has already aborted).  If the user runs stunnel again, our sending and
receiving of email is restored and stunnel seems rock-solid for the rest
of the day.

Has anybody else had stability problems with Stunnel v4.26?  Any
suggestions?  FYI, relevant configuration information is shown below:

Best regards, Jeff
==================================

1) Instead of installing stunnel on each machine, we have copied the
following files into a network folder available to everyone in our office:

    Q:\bin\stunnel\stunnel.exe
    Q:\bin\stunnel\Q:\ibeay32.dll
    Q:\bin\stunnel\libssl32.dll
    Q:\bin\stunnel\stunnel.conf

2) Everyone has a shortcut installed in their "Startup" folder to run
Q:\bin\stunnel\stunnel.exe.

3) Here is our stunnel.conf file:

    # GLOBAL OPTIONS
    client = yes
    output = C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
    Data\stunnel-log.txt
    debug = 0
    taskbar = yes

    # SERVICE-LEVEL OPTIONS