[stunnel-users] hiding a proxy that appear like a web server?

Michael Renner michael.renner at gmx.de
Sat Jan 3 22:38:37 CET 2009

On Sunday 07 December 2008, Michael Renner wrote:
> Moin,
>
> I want to use stunnel (in conjunction with prtunnel) to reach my own proxy
> server out of a restricted network.
>
> The normal stunnel connection works so far without a problem. But I am
> looking for a possibility that this connection (reaching the endpoint of
> stunnel with my proxy server behind) appears like a normal webserver (maybe
> with just one simple index.html) to others.

for the archive: I found a solution with some help from Tobias Dussa:

The client use a certificate, a script at the server side check the variable
SSL_CLIENT_DN for its correctness and decide if it should act as a proxy or
as a web server

For details check my (only german) doumentation at
http://www.vbox4php.org/unix/network-and-scripts/break-out

CU
--
|Michael Renner      E-mail: michael.renner at gmx.de  |
|D-81541 Munich      Germany        ICQ: #112280325 |