[stunnel-users] Fwd: Stunnel & Zimbra

Allen apks at mac.com
Mon Feb 2 21:00:24 CET 2009

Hi folks,

I'm reposting this from my email address on file, because it was
initially rejected (I think because I sent it from my main business
address, which is not the address I have listed with this group. My
apologies.

------------

I've been using stunnel with Zimbra, on OS X Sever since last year and
it's been working well (SSL tunnels should be seen and not heard ;-).
I upgraded Zimbra yesterday to a new version, that apparently was
supposed to fix its instability running on the OS X platform.

However, the upgrade wound up breaking the mail server's ability to
send email. From Zimbra's web client, it appears like mail is getting
sent (there's a little green sent mail box that pops up right after
you click on the send button). Mail never arrives at the client end. I
can still receive mail into the Zimbra account when I send to it from
my business or personal email account. I provisoned and reloaded
posffix, etc., and still can't receive mail on the other end. No
stunnel settings have changed since before the upgrade. Here are the
stunnel-related file outputs:

root# cat /opt/local/etc/stunnel/stunnel.conf
client = yes
foreground = no

[smtps]
accept = 5000
connect = server_name.x.y.com:465         (server name changed to
protect the innocent ;-)

cat /opt/zimbra/conf/relay_password
server_name.domain.com		user_name at yetanotherdomain.com:fakepassword
With the real usernames, password, domains, etc., those two (above)
stunnel files worked perfectly well with stunnel, and sending mail was
not a problem. That was --until I upgraded Zimbra. I realize that this
is a stunnel forum and the Zimbra-related forum deals with all their
issues. However, I'm wondering if somebody out there in stunnel land
might have a light bulb going off regarding this issue. Perhaps
there's something that I'm overlooking?

Thanks!

Allen