[stunnel-users] Amount of FD's per connection

Koornstra, Reinoud koornstra at hp.com
Thu Nov 20 22:48:20 CET 2008

Hi,

I am using stunnel compiled to use threads. I read in the faq that a connection may use 1 to 4 fd's per connection.
Normally this is only one, how can I influence this, I mean making sure there is one fd per connection? I also wish to limit the amount of max connections at the same time.
Perhaps the most easy way is limit the amount of fd's per process with ulimit.
However, depending on how many fd's are needed per connection it is difficult to set right now.
Kind Regards,

Reinoud.