[stunnel-users] stunnel and expiring CRLs

Ludolf Holzheid lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
Wed Nov 19 10:10:17 CET 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-19 11:07:25 +0530, Sandeep Kumar wrote:
> I have also been bitten by this problem. I didn't try much though. I just
> wrote some scripts to automatically restart the stunnel when CRL is updated.

Do you manage to restart stunnel without breaking existing
connections?

Lately, I was looking for a signal which makes stunnel close the
listen()ing sockets only. A new stunnel instance could bind() to the
same local addresses then. However, I didn't find any. All signals a
handler is installed for seems to make stunnel exit() only.

A 'soft restart' seems to be a missing feature in stunnel.

Ludolf

Ludolf Holzheid             Tel:    +49 621 339960
Bihl+Wiedemann GmbH         Fax:    +49 621 3392239
Floßwörthstraße 41          e-mail: lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
D-68199 Mannheim, Germany