[stunnel-users] Wrapping a mail client - multiple servers

MichaƂ Trojnara Michal.Trojnara at mobi-com.net
Wed May 21 15:52:31 CEST 2008

Daniel James wrote:
> Note that what I am asking here is about proxying multiple servers
> using the *same* protocol -- I'm not asking about (say) proxying both a
> single POP3S server and a single SSTMP server. How to do /that/ is
> clearly documented.

stunnel doesn't care about the application protocol.  For stunnel it's all
about TCP connections.

> Can I, for example, put multiple [SSMTP] sections and multiple [POP3S]
> sections in one stunnel.conf?

Yes, you can, but you probably want to name them [smtp1], [smtp2], etc.
Quoting The Manual: "Each configuration section begins with service name in
square brackets. The service name is used for libwrap (TCP Wrappers) access
control and lets you distinguish stunnel services in your log files.".

> or can I, for example, specify multiple "accept =" and "connect ="
> pairs in the same stunnel.conf?

Each configuration file section describes a single service.  You can't have
multiple services within a single section.

Best regards,