[stunnel-users] stunnel not seeing ca bundle files

sf.techguy at gmail.com sf.techguy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 06:46:31 CET 2008

I'm running stunnel 4.14 on Darwin 7.0.0 (Mac OS X Server 10.4.11), with
OpenSSL 0.9.71.

I purchased a security certificate from comodo, and was able to get it
installed and working (mostly) with stunnel, but when I browse to the
website, I get an error that the the browser can't verify the identity of
the site, due to a problem w/the security cert.

I called comodo, and they the error is caused by stunnel not seeing the
intermediate certificate files that they told me need to be installed in
order for their certificate to work. These files were:

ComodoUTNServerCA.crt
UTNAddTrustServerCA.crt
AddTrustExternalCARoot.crt
EssentialSSLCA.crt
my_server_net.crt

I modified stunnel.conf, and included this line:

CApath = ca-certs/ (<- dir path, relative to chroot, containing above files)

But the error persists. Can anyone tell me if what comodo support is telling
me is even correct? I've verified that my .key and .crt files match by
running:

$ openssl x509 -noout -modulus -in server.crt | openssl md5
$ openssl rsa -noout -modulus -in server.key | openssl md5

And the output of both matches. Not sure what to try next.

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks in advance...