[stunnel-users] Username authentication

Joe Kemp jkemp at capwin.org
Tue Mar 4 23:05:21 CET 2008

I want to try to use stunnel as a "simple" client vpn.  It solves all of my encryption issues but I would like to verify a username/password before it lets the traffic through.  I didn't see any patches or hacks out there that did this.  Has this been attempted before or am I on my own.  I would also be interested in other solutions based on openssl that are not network device level VPNs clients.

Already using client side certificates and I know that is the normal SSL authentication mechanism....

Thanks.
-Joe