[stunnel-users] Stunnel config files incompatible between 4.05 and 4.21 ?

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 16:02:58 CEST 2008

Hi All,

    I have a stunnel config file that works fine on an older Mandrake
machine running stunnel 4.05.   If I use that same config file on a
new Ubuntu machine running 4.21 it just dies with
"/etc/stunnel/stunnel.pem: No such file or directory"

    IIUC, running in client mode it doesn't need a .pem file, and I
didn't create any certifcates on the Mandrake machines.

    Do I need to generate a cert for some reason?  I've attached the
config below.

client = yes
accept = 23
connect = some.ip.number.removed:992