[stunnel-users] Is anyone using Stunnel for tunnelling Voip?

Brian Hatch bri at stunnel.org
Tue Jun 3 18:38:26 CEST 2008

Bordering on 2008-06-03 11:13 +0100, Errol Samuels implored:

> I am currently researching a solution for tunnelling VoIP traffic since VoIP
> is blocked in the country concerned.  It appears that the ISP is targeting
> OpenVPN and OpenSwan and blocking them so I want to try something different.

> Has anyone attempted or had any success using stunnel for a similar scenario
> as I have mentioned?

If you're looking for something that has the familiarity of Stunnel and
control both endpoints, you can set up a VPN with tappipe:

  ftp://stunnel.mirt.net/tappipe/

Using OpenVPN in TCP mode would work too, but you might want to move
the port away from the blocks used by your ISP.

--
Brian Hatch                  "Carcas removal is one
   Systems and                of my specialities."

Every message PGP signed