[stunnel-users] Is anyone using Stunnel for tunnelling Voip?

Errol Samuels esamuels at carismatel.com
Tue Jun 3 12:13:45 CEST 2008

Hello All,

I am currently researching a solution for tunnelling VoIP traffic since VoIP
is blocked in the country concerned.  It appears that the ISP is targeting
OpenVPN and OpenSwan and blocking them so I want to try something different.

My solution based on OpenVPN worked great until it got blocked by the ISP
about a week ago. It was using an OpenVPN server hosted in a US Datacenter
and the VPN clients were simply routers with third party Linux firmware with
the OpenVPN client embedded in the firmware.

I am also investigating the possibility of tunnelling OpenVPN through SSH
but I have to watch my IP overheads here because the ISP watches the upload
bandwidth as well!

Has anyone attempted or had any success using stunnel for a similar scenario
as I have mentioned?

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Errol