[stunnel-users] Installing Stunnel 4.21 on Shared Hosting Server with OpenSSL 0.9.6g

Norbert Hoeller nhoeller at sinet.ca
Sun Feb 17 19:11:19 CET 2008

Gonzalo, thanks for the fast response.  I downloaded the
openssl-0.9.6g.tar.gz package, extracted it and ran "./configure
--with-ssl=...openssl-0.9.6g".  "make" still failed with the same error as
before.

I noticed some messages about not finding "engine.h", so I downloaded,
extracted and pointed --with-ssl to "...openssl-engine-0.9.6g".  "make"
still failing with "common.h:318: #error OpenSSL library compiled without
thread support".

I will dig some more into what it takes to install the OpenSSL development
package, although I suspect that the shared hosting environment I am using
will seriously limit what I can do.
        Regards, Norbert

Gonzalo Diethelm <gonzalo.diethelm at diethelm.org>
16/02/2008 11:58 PM

Norbert Hoeller <nhoeller at sinet.ca>
cc
stunnel-users at mirt.net
Subject
Re: [stunnel-users] Installing Stunnel 4.21 on Shared Hosting   Server
with OpenSSL 0.9.6g

PHP indicates that the OpenSSL runtime libraries and executables are
installed. In order to compile, you need the OpenSSL development package.

Hope that helps. Best regards.