[stunnel-users] Stunnel support or OpenSSL in FIPS mode

George Henson george.henson at oss-institute.org
Tue Mar 27 00:55:03 CEST 2007

All,

Are there any current plans to include FIPS complaint mode in stunnel? I
have asked some of my peers on other US Government projects and they
indicated this would be a help to them as well.

Looking at the users guide from the OpenSSL site
(http://www.openssl.org/docs/fips/UserGuide-1.1.1.pdf) it would not
appear to be a great amount of effort to make a stunnel that functions
in a FIPS complaint mode.

Attached I have included the patch I have created (with some help from
friends). It does not do the final linking correctly as I am not very
good with autmake.

Please let me know what you think.

Thank you
George