[stunnel-users] Preferred way to start stunnel @boot time

Van vanyel at medusa.bioc.aecom.yu.edu
Tue Jun 26 22:08:43 CEST 2007

So I've got stunnel running perfectly on my linux server to forward ssl
requests to my pop and imap ports. I need to make sure this happens
automatically if the machine is rebooted. On the stunnel site it talks
about running stunnel either as a daemon or running stunnel out of xinetd.

I was just wondering, which way do people using it out there think is
preferable? And why? Neither seems as direct or simple as putting

@reboot root    /sbin/start_stunnel

into my crontab, which is what I did (start_stunnel being a shell script
with the proper command and some comments).

Just another uneventful way to do the same thing?

-Van