[stunnel-users] certificate revocation

piyush tewari pkt_ims at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 5 12:14:05 CEST 2007

Hi ,

  I am using Stunnel to protect one of my server. I am able to configure the stunnel properly with the help of stunnel. Now i am trying to use the revocation list concept in the stunnel.

  For using the stunnel revocation list i performed the following steps.

    1. for generating the CRL file
  openssl ca -gencrl -keyfile ca_key -cert ca_crt -out my_crl.pem

  2. for revoking the certificates
  openssl ca -revoke bad_crt_file -keyfile ca_key -cert ca_crt

  The entry specified in the stunnel.conf file is:-
  CRLfile = my_crl.pem

  Surprisingly the client is still able to connect to  the server. Is it the problem in my configuration or it is a bug of stunnel.

  Regards,
  Piyush