[stunnel-users] 'PIN' engine control command

Michal Trojnara Michal.Trojnara at mobi-com.net
Fri Dec 14 12:27:43 CET 2007

Ludolf Holzheid wrote:
>    error stack: 26096080 : error:26096080:engine
> routines:ENGINE_load_private_key:failed loading private key
>    error stack: 800050A0 : error:800050A0:Vendor defined:PKCS11_login:PIN
> incorrect
>
> Do I have to add a special engine control option to the configuration
> file in order to get asked for the PIN or is it intended to `just
> work'?

There is no need to add any special options.  It worked since stunnel
4.18, and I have tested it with some other tokens.

I guess you have the problem with the engine-pkcs11-0.1.4 bug introduced
by Andreas Hasenack:
http://www.opensc-project.org/engine_pkcs11/changeset/54
I guess Andreas was reading sources of OpenSSL sample applications and
incorrectly assumed that any other application is expected to use the same
structure for user callback data.

The problem was already reported to OpenSC developers:
http://www.opensc-project.org/engine_pkcs11/ticket/11

Best regards,