[stunnel-users] 'PIN' engine control command

Ludolf Holzheid lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
Fri Dec 14 11:15:53 CET 2007

Dear list,

I'm trying to use stunnel on Windows with an USB token (`CryptoMate'
from ACS).

However, I can't manage to make stunnel ask for the token PIN:

 o Loading the private key works if I specify the PIN in the
   configuration file (`engineCtrl = PIN:...').

 o If there is no `PIN' engine control option in the configuration
   file, loading the private key fails. The log message are:

   error stack: 26096080 : error:26096080:engine routines:ENGINE_load_private_key:failed loading private key
   error stack: 800050A0 : error:800050A0:Vendor defined:PKCS11_login:PIN incorrect

Do I have to add a special engine control option to the configuration
file in order to get asked for the PIN or is it intended to `just
work'?

Ludolf

Ludolf Holzheid             Tel:    +49 621 339960
Bihl+Wiedemann GmbH         Fax:    +49 621 3392239
Floßwörthstraße 41          e-mail: lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
D-68199 Mannheim, Germany