[stunnel-users] setting up HTTPS service?

joe at strout.net joe at strout.net
Wed Oct 25 23:32:02 CEST 2006

Complete newbie here, so please bear with me.

I want to set up HTTPS service on a Mac OS X (10.4.7) machine running a
custom web server.  I imagine that Stunnel could be made to listen on
the standard HTTPS port (443), do the encryption/decryption, and pass
the resulting data to/from the HTTP port (80, or a custom port I
specify).

This is probably very easy, but none of the documentation or examples I
found covered this.  Has anyone done this?  Or if not, can you sketch
out how I would go about it?  Any gotchas or caveats I should be aware
of?

Many thanks,
- Joe