[stunnel-users] Problem getting stunnel to chroot on Suse 10

Paul Stepowski p.stepowski at qut.edu.au
Mon May 29 06:39:27 CEST 2006

Hi list,

I'm using stunnel package that comes standard with Suse 10.0

stunnel 4.10 on i686-suse-linux-gnu UCONTEXT+POLL+IPv4+LIBWRAP with OpenSSL
0.9.7g 11 Apr 2005

I can tunnel ports over ssl using stunnel but the chroot directive doesn't seem
to be working.  E.g. my pid file is being created under / rather than
/var/lib/stunnel-syslogng.  The other paths in the config file are taken by
stunnel as relative to / rather than the chroot directory.  What am I missing?

Here's my stunnel config.  I'm not passing any other flags when running stunnel.

---snip---
client = no
#debug = 7
#foreground = yes
chroot = /var/lib/stunnel-syslogng
setuid = stunnel
setgid = nogroup
pid = /stunnel.pid
#output = stunnel.log
socket = l:TCP_NODELAY=1
socket = r:TCP_NODELAY=1
#compression = rle
#options = DONT_INSERT_EMPTY_FRAGMENTS
#verify = 2
#CApath = /certs
#CAfile = /certs/stunnel.pem
#CRLpath = /crls
#CRLfile = /etc/stunnel/crls.pem
cert = /var/lib/stunnel-syslogng/certs/stunnel.pem
---snip---

Thanks,

Paul