[stunnel-users] stunnel-4.15 segfaulting and looping under FreeBSD-CURRENT

Michael Weiser M.Weiser at science-computing.de
Wed May 17 17:52:47 CEST 2006

Michal Trojnara wrote:
> On 2006-05-16, at 15:42, Michael Weiser wrote:
>> It seems like stunnel is segfaulting and then re-exec-ing when
>> it would normally quit. A core file is created in the current
>> directory.
>
> Can you send us a stack backtrace of this core dump?
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/backtraces.xml?style=printable

I recompiled it without any patches and "-ggdb -O1". The problem persists
and the backtrace reads:

[root at khazad-dum:/home/michael/stunnel-4.15] gdb src/stunnel --core
stunnel.core --batch -ex "thread apply all bt full" -ex "quit"
Core was generated by `stunnel'.
#0  0x280caf44 in SSL_get_peer_certificate () from /usr/lib/libssl.so.4
[New LWP 100077]

I'm now retrying with a freshly compiled openssl-0.9.8b to see if that has
anything to do with anything.
--
Thanks,
Micha