[stunnel-users] unpublished Ceritificate

Hal Vaughan hal at thresholddigital.com
Tue Mar 28 20:54:49 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 28 March 2006 13:30, Happy Manocha wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am a newbie with Stunnel. Can anyone let me know how can I
> configure my client for a server , which does not have published
> certificate.
>
> Though I am able to connect but it gives a warning message "The
> server you are connected to is using a security certificate that
> could not be verifed...etc". Is there any way to avoid it?

Here's a tutorial for setting up Stunnel that includes directions on how
to create your own server and client certificates, configuration, and
everything else.  It works if you're on Windows because they use batch
files for generating certificates and keys.  If you're on *nix, you'll
have to go through the batch files they tell you to download and find
the command lines that do the actual work and edit them and use them on
your own system.

I had to modify the batch commands for my system (Linux), but was able
to get stunnel up and running with this tutorial.

http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1677

Hal