[stunnel-users] Help with config of stunnel.

mike smith mike_9137 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 16 03:56:25 CET 2006

I am trying to set up a tunnel for telnet. I am doing this just to learn how to get stunnel to work.  I thought this would be easy way to learn how to use stunnel for other uses we have. My problem is I don't understand how to start it on the client side.  I can telnet to the server without stunnel but I don't know how to start stunnel on the client side. The log file shows  ssltelnet bound to 0.0.0.0:23 for the client and ssltelnet bound to 0.0.0.0:992 for the server If you have any ideas what I may need to do I would be greatfull. I'm sure that I'm missing a step configuring it.

  This is what my stunnel.conf files look like for the server

  cert = /usr/local/etc/stunnel/stunnel.pem
chroot = /usr/local/var/run/stunnel/
pid = /stunnel.pid
setuid = nobody
setgid = nobody
client = no
debug = 7
output = /stunnel.log

  [ssltelnet]
accept = 992
connect = 23

  For the Client

  cert = /usr/local/etc/stunnel/stunnel.pem
chroot = /usr/local/var/run/stunnel/
pid = /stunnel.pid
setuid = nobody
setgid = nobody
client = yes
debug = 7
output = /stunnel.log

  [ssltelnet]
accept = 23
connect = 192.168.1.102:992

Yahoo! Travel
 Find  great deals to the top 10 hottest destinations!