[stunnel-users] Static Version Built?

Hal Vaughan hal at thresholddigital.com
Wed Mar 15 08:48:19 CET 2006

Okay, I think I have a static version of Stunnel now.  Thanks to help
and answers from Jan and Keven!

I did this:

./configure --with-ssl=/usr --enable-static --disable-shared
--disable-libwrap

I'm not sure about the "--with-ssl" option, but it didn't seem to want
to work without it.

So I have a few questions:

1) How can I be sure it is static?
2) If it isn't static and I run it on a system that does not have all it
needs, will it give me errors immediately, or only if a subroutine
needs a library that isn't there.
3) Does the "--disable-libwrap" or anything else remove any features?
4) Does using the "--with-ssl" option make it use the libs on my system
and make it non-static?
5) My "best guess" is that to install a static version, I just copy over
the files src/stunnel and src/libstunnel.la to /usr/bin and /usr/lib,
respectively.  Is that right?  (And, of course, copy man files to the
right place.)

Thanks -- I hope I'll be done with all these questions soon.

Hal