[stunnel-users] Special Installs -- Static Binaries and Required Files

Hal Vaughan hal at thresholddigital.com
Wed Mar 8 17:22:51 CET 2006

I may need to include Stunnel with my application so my clients behind
restrictive firewalls can still enable me to work on their systems with
RealVNC.  I'm working with clients on both Windows and Linux.

Windows: I know the installer has the files included in it in an
archive, but what archive format is it, or what kind or archive program
on Linux can I use to read it?  Is installing Stunnel on Windows just a
matter of copying the files, or are there settings I have to change in
the registry?

Linux: Is there any way to get static binaries (yes, I know they're
bigger) so I can just copy over files to install it as a program (not
as a service -- I noticed Debian set it up as a service)?

Thanks!

Hal