[stunnel-users] stunnel.cfg file

Dheeraj Sehrawat sehrawat_dheeraj at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 28 05:43:28 CEST 2006

Hi All,

I am looking at a problem and found the system is
using stunnel with web server. From my google search I
have understood that stunnel is used to make the
application SSL enable. Please validate my
understanding.

I found following stunnel.cfg file in properties
directory

Port0
Enabled=0
ExternalPort=0
LocalPort=0
SSLEnabled=0
UDP=0

Port1
Enabled=1
ExternalPort=1500
LocalPort=10080
SSLEnabled=0

Port2
Enabled=0
ExternalPort=1600
LocalPort=10080
SSLEnabled=1
I have the following questions:

1] what is the meaning of ExternalPort and LocalPort ?
How does these ports relate with each other?

Please help me in understanding this configuration
file.

Thanks,
Dheeraj