[stunnel-users] Is there a limit to the number of services you can have defined on a client?

Lund, Claus Claus.Lund at state.vt.us
Wed Jun 14 21:20:52 CEST 2006

We have a bunch of middle-tier servers for an application and we're
using stunnel to encrypt the traffic between the windows clients and
those middle-tier servers.
The clients have stunnel.conf files with a large number of services
defined and it seems like we're hitting some limit in stunnel. I ran
some quick tests and it looks like it's impossible to have more than 64
services defined?
If I have a config file with about 100 services defined then everything
works fine up until I try to connect to service number 65. When I try to
connect to that service then the client just hangs forever (and there's
no output in the log file on the client).

We are using version 4.14 but I tested this on 4.15 as well and I am
getting the same result there.

Here's a piece of the config file I am using for testing:

"client = yes

; Some performance tunings
socket = l:TCP_NODELAY=1
socket = r:TCP_NODELAY=1

; Some debugging stuff useful for troubleshooting
debug = 7
output = stunnel.log

[blah]
accept = 13806
connect = tax187a:13806

[blah1]
accept = 13807
connect = tax187a:13806"

Then followed by blah2 - blah100. Things work fine when connect to
"blah63" and lower. Anything higher than that cause the stunnel client
to just hang.

Thank you in advance,
Claus

Claus Lund