[stunnel-users] Some newbie question for stunnel

Jan Meijer jan.meijer at surfnet.nl
Fri Jan 13 07:57:00 CET 2006

http://www.stunnel.org/faq/stunnel.html#header

> 2.) Can I replace pop3 and pop3s in the command above by real port numbers?

Yes.

> 3.) Is stunnel compatible with SSH servers ?
> In other words: can stunnel on the local machine communicate with a SSH server on the remote
> computer and vice versa?

No.  You can do 'ssh over ssl' though.  And there is a good reason why
you'd want to do that: you'll not be bitten when one of the
implementations contains a security bug, the chance that both at the same
time contain the same bug is slim.

> 4.) Is there a timeout function?
>
> Read: When I start stunnel I would like to exit the service after lets say 5 minutes automatically.
>
> Is there such a feature/option?

Not that I know of.  The SSL tunnel is broken down though after use.

> 5.) Has someone experiences with googlemail pop3 retrieval of emails?

Not me, I don't trust google with my mail ;).

Jan
--
http://www.surfnet.nl/organisatie/jame