[stunnel-users] Sniffing the network --how to disable SSL?

david-e.hansen at ubs.com david-e.hansen at ubs.com
Thu Jan 12 10:36:26 CET 2006

Hi,

I know this sort of defeats the whole purpose of stunnel, but I have an
LDAP server which listens for non-SSL on one port, and SSL on another.
We decided to use stunnel and the SSL port on our LDAP server for
security purposes.

However, now we need to see the communication between clients and the
LDAP server, in order to debug a production problem. Sniffing won't be
terribly useful unless we can turn off the SSL encryption of the
communication.

I can't just re-point the application to the non-SSL port because this
is stored in a central database and would affect everyone (it's a 3rd
pty app), so I just want to change the stunnel.conf file on my PC so
that it does port-forwarding but no encryption. Is this possible to do?

Regards,

David E. Hansen
Stunnel version 4, LDAP version 3

Visit our website at http://www.ubs.com