[stunnel-users] Stunnel Win32 binary

Ian cobalt-users1 at fishnet.co.uk
Fri Sep 30 10:23:05 CEST 2005

On 30 Sep 2005 at 6:37, Michal Trojnara wrote:

> Dear Users,
>
> Some people were asking me for a standalone stunnel.exe file.
> It's located in stunnel-4.12/src directory of stunnel-4.12.tar.gz
> archive. Winzip can handle .tar.gz format, so you'll be able to unpack
> it. http://www.winzip.com/wzdifs.htm
>
> BTW: I recommend to try the installer, anyway.  It's designed to make
> the upgrade much easier.  You can simply enter the path where your
> current stunnel.exe and stunnel.conf are located during the install.
> stunnel.conf and stunnel.pem files won't be replaced and your Windows
> will remember the path so you won't have to enter it on next upgrade.
> Also the latest OpenSSL DLLs are installed in stunnel directory each
> time.
>
> Notes:
> 1. Uninstall removes stunnel.conf, so don't uninstall if you're only
> going to upgrade stunnel. 2. Remember to stop stunnel before you
> uninstall/upgrade it.
>
> Best regards,
>     Mike
Hi,

Just a note on the installer, it didn't seem to upgrade the installed
service settings.

Here are the steps I took:

Stopped Stunnel service ( c:\stunnel\stunnel-4.11.exe )

Ran installer and pointed at c:\stunnel

Started Stunnel service.

Systray > right click stunnel > About:  shows stunnel 4.11

To remedy this

Open command prompt in installation directory:

c:\stunnel>_

Uninstall current service ( change for your version ):

c:\stunnel\stunnel-4.11.exe -uninstall

Install new service

c:\stunnel\stunnel.exe -install

YMMV