[stunnel-users] Win2k, stunnel & Magic Mail Monitor questions

Dana Rasmussen dana at rasmussen.us
Tue Oct 4 00:02:57 CEST 2005

Hello,

I am running Windows 2000.

I have recently learned of the stunnel tool.

I am using it with Magic Mail Monitor, (MMM).
MMM is a POP3 new mail notifier program.   MMM allows me to configure a
POP3 server by user name, host, password and POP3 port.   MMM allows me
to have multiple POP3 servers configured.  Unfortunately, MMM does not
use SSL.

I have been able to get MMM to work with stunnel with the following
stunnel.conf file:

client = yes

[MyPOP3SSL]
accept=995
connect=mypop3server.com:995

The associated MMM configuration is:

user: myuser
host: 127.0.0.1
password:mypassword
port:995

I would like to be able to add a second POP3 server to MMM, i.e. Gmail.

If I add the following to the bottom of the existing stunnel.conf file
Gmail POP3SSL access fails.  If I add the following to the top of the
existing stunnel.conf file the MyPOP3SSL fails but Gmail works.

[GmailPOP3SSL]
accept=995
connect=pop.gmail.com:995

The additional MMM configuration is:

user:mygmail
host: 127.0.0.1
password:mygmailpassword
port:995

Is there a way to map the MMM configurations to the matching entries in
the stunnel.conf file?

Thank you,

Dana