[stunnel-users] Call for Beta Testers: Tool similar to Stunnel.

Wilfred wilfrednilsen at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 19 02:22:19 CET 2005

BarracudaDrive is built from various components in the Barracuda Embedded
Web Server. We are simply adding new features to this demo and we would like
to get in contact with advanced users that are interested in testing the new
features.

I could not think of a better place to ask for beta testers than using this
mailing list as I expected the Stunnel users to be "power users" and not
just a wannabi PC user.

We do not provide solutions for "host operating systems" and BarracudaDrive
is from our perspective a demo application, but many "host" users find this
tool very valuable.

We where hoping that we could get some feedback on the new features by
providing a free tool that is actually useful.

>You'll have the same problems tunneling ppp inside SSL with Stunnel
>as you do inside Barracuda, or inside SSH, or inside (insert all
>tcp-like protocols here.)

BarracudaDrive is not trying to solve any world problems. The HTTPS tunnel
is useful for encrypting sensitive information and to bypass firewalls.

Piper:
>Does this work in addition to or in conjunction with Stunnel?

No

>Or are you just advertising on your competitor's opt-in email list just to
>be obnoxious?

Competitor?
Do you sell a commercial version of Stunnel for real time operating systems
such as ThreadX, OSE, SMX etc? We do not provide solutions for "host
operating systems" and BarracudaDrive is from our perspective a demo
application, but many "host" users find this tool valuable.

Obnoxious is a very strong word. Maybe we can stop this flaming war right
now. I do not see the harm in calling for beta testers.

/Wilfred