[stunnel-users] Solaris: new_context, makecontext

Michal Trojnara Michal.Trojnara at mobi-com.net
Mon Nov 7 19:09:17 CET 2005

On 2005-11-07, at 12:46, Hans Werner Strube wrote:
> The first case is wrong for Solaris 10, since HAVE___MAKECONTEXT_V2 is
> not defined there but the behavior is _always_ as with
> HAVE___MAKECONTEXT_V2
> in Solaris 9 SPARC.

I had no Solaris 10 to test it...  So what's the correct way to detect
Solaris 10?

> (Solaris 9 SPARC behaves like Solaris 7 and 8 SPARC
> ["old and buggy"] if HAVE___MAKECONTEXT_V2 is not set, and like
> Solaris 10
> if it is set.)

Solaris 9 behaves correctly if __MAKECONTEXT_V2_SOURCE is defined (it
is defined in common.h).  I've tested this case.

> In the "old and buggy" case, the third argument of makecontext() should
> be 2 instead of 1 (although the latter _may_ work).

The manual claims:
      The value of
      argc must match the number of integer  arguments  passed  to
      func, otherwise the behavior is undefined.
(SunOS mion 5.9 Generic_112233-12 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250)

I only pass single argument...

> I do not know how this is in Solaris x86. At least,
> HAVE___MAKECONTEXT_V2 has no meaning there.

Who uses Solaris x86?

Best regards,