[stunnel-users] Stunnel 4.09 exits unexpected on solaris 2.8

edonald1 at rochester.rr.com edonald1 at rochester.rr.com
Mon Jun 27 22:04:49 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am running the following version of Stunnel:
./stunnel -version
stunnel 4.09 on sparc-sun-solaris2.8 PTHREAD+POLL+IPv4 with OpenSSL 0.9.6m 17 Mar 2004

Global options
cert            = /apps/stunnel/etc/stunnel/stunnel.pem
ciphers         = ALL:!ADH:RC4+RSA:+SSLv2:@STRENGTH
debug           = 5
key             = /apps/stunnel/etc/stunnel/stunnel.pem
pid             = /apps/stunnel/var/run/stunnel.pid
RNDbytes        = 64
RNDfile         = /dev/urandom
RNDoverwrite    = yes
session         = 300 seconds
verify          = none

Service-level options
TIMEOUTbusy     = 300 seconds
TIMEOUTclose    = 60 seconds
TIMEOUTconnect  = 10 seconds
TIMEOUTidle     = 43200 seconds

It is compiled with pthreads and without TCPwrappers. I am using it to tunnel a mod_jk connection between apache and tomcat. It works perfectly in my Development and QA environment ( runs for weeks on end). When I moved it to production it started not to work so well. Stunnel would mysterious stop working on the server side (procesd disappears). There are no errors in the log whatsoever and the log level is set at 7.  One difference  in my production environment is that there are multiple clients (apache) and one server (tomcat).

All Thoughts are welcome.

Thank You