Re-2: [stunnel-users] Problem with mysql

Brian Hatch bri at stunnel.org
Thu Jul 21 09:13:18 CEST 2005

> How to do this? I try with :
> mysql --port=3306 --protocol=TCP -u user --password=xxx
>
> but it won't work...
>
> When i try telnet localhost 3306, i can't establish connection but i can on my windows box... I also try to analyse traffic with tcpdump and there is no packet when i try with stunnel...

I've found in the past that mysql when pointing to localhost has
used the socket in spite of the arguments you put on the command line.

Try pointing to the ethernet IP address instead of 127.0.0.1 and
see if it's happy then.  You never know...

--
Brian Hatch                  "I've decided I'm not keen on
   Systems and                preterm labour."