[stunnel-users] Problem with mysql

lmarcilly at aressi.fr lmarcilly at aressi.fr
Wed Jul 20 11:40:05 CEST 2005

Hi all,

i try to encrypt mysql connections...

I saw this : http://www.stunnel.org/examples/mysql.html

but i use stunnel4.x.

I configure it on my windows box and it work well! (mysql server is on a linux box, i have configure stunnel as a server on this box)

when i try mysql -u user --password=xyz it works

but i have to made it work on a linux box.
I use the same config file for stunnel, but when i try

mysql -u user --password=xyz i have :
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock'

This socket doesn't exist since there is no MySQL server on the box.

I try with --protocol=TCP but it won't work, i have :

Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost'

Do you have an idea? Do you want more details on my config file for stunnel?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english!

lm