[stunnel-users] Stopping Stunnel on one end causes problems

Peter Pentes colemanboy at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 7 07:21:49 CEST 2005

Hello everyone.

I have been testing Stunnel for a while now and have
come across a problem. My setup is shown below:

Server app <--> Stunnel <-----> Stunnel <--> Client
app

As a test I stopped stunnel on the client side. But
now my server app still thinks the client is connected
(because it has a socket still open for that client).
Is there any way to solve this issue? I can't think of
one without modifying either Stunnel or the Server app
code.

This problem does not exist when Stunnel is not in the
picture. When the client and server communicate
directly, everything works fine.

Thanks in advance.

PP