[stunnel-users] stunnel-users at mirt.net

Geoffrey A. Lohff - N0BBM geoffrey at geoffreys.com
Mon Jan 17 17:12:58 CET 2005

eric wyzerski wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Im trying to bind my 465 port tu my 25 port to have a ssl-smtp with
> the following command:
> stunnel -p /etc/stunnel.pem2 -d 465 -r localhost:25
> However when I try to connect to port 465, I get the following error,
> stunnel[3443]: SSL_accept: Peer suddenly disconnected
> Any idea? Thank you
> Eric

I've got that system working on an OLD Linux system here....

In my case, I added it as a line to my  /etc/inittab, so I'm running it
in the "foreground" since init will respawn it if it ever dies.  Here's
my invocation:

stunnel -d 465 -r smtp -f -n smtp -p /usr/share/ssl/certs/sendmail.pem

I think the part that you are really missing is the   -n smtp   switch
setting.

GL