[stunnel-users] Stunnel and DistCache Patch

Kling, Kent M. Kent.Kling at tnsi.com
Fri Jan 7 15:36:00 CET 2005

we have a RedHat 7.2 system and we are trying to apply the distcache_geoff.patch to enable distcache 1.4.5 with stunnel-4.04.  We have run into a snag after the configure script is run and we attempt the "make", it complains that configure.in is missing.  In step 2 is our "configure" line wrong?

# make
output:
        cd . && aclocal
        cd . && automake --gnu --include-deps Makefile
        cd . \
              && CONFIG_FILES=Makefile CONFIG_HEADERS= /bin/sh ./config.status
        config.status: creating Makefile
        cd . && autoconf
        autoconf: configure.in: No such file or directory
        make: *** [configure] Error 1

Our work around is to change directory into the /usr/src/stunnel-4.04/src and run "make" from that directory to create our stunnel binary.  Any idea why it won't work from the top directory.

our stunnel source resides in /usr/src/stunnel-4.04, distcache_geoff.patch is in /usr/src and distcache-1.4.5 is in /usr/local/distcache-1.4.5.  Our installation steps are below:

step 1.
            # patch -p0 < distcache_geoff.patch

output:
            patching file stunnel-4.04/configure.ac
            patching file stunnel-4.04/src/common.h
            patching file stunnel-4.04/src/options.c
            patching file stunnel-4.04/src/prototypes.h
            patching file stunnel-4.04/src/ssl.c

step 2.
            # cd stunnel-4.04
            # export CFLAGS="-DHAVE_DISTCACHE_DC_CLIENT_H -I/usr/local/distcache-1.4.5/include"; export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/distcache-1.4.5/lib -ldistcache -lnal"; ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/stunnel-4.04 --with-ssl=/usr/local/openssl-0.9.7e --with-tcp-wrappers --disable-shared

output:
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking how to recognise dependant libraries... pass_all
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output... ok
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking dlfcn.h usability... yes
checking dlfcn.h presence... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for strip... strip
checking for objdir... .libs
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if gcc static flag -static works... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.lo... yes
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... yes
checking whether the linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking whether to build shared libraries... no
creating libtool
checking for SSL directory... /usr/local/openssl-0.9.7e
checking for "/dev/urandom"... yes
checking whether to disable RSA support... no
checking whether to enable DH support... no
checking for gethostbyname in -lnsl... yes
checking for socket in -lsocket... no
checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
checking for pthread_create in -lc_r... no
checking for openpty in -lutil... yes
checking whether to use the libwrap (TCP wrappers) library... yes
checking for hosts_access in -lwrap... yes
checking for RSAref library... no
checking for "/dev/ptmx"... yes
checking for "/dev/ptc"... no
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking sys/select.h usability... yes
checking sys/select.h presence... yes
checking for sys/select.h... yes
checking tcpd.h usability... yes
checking tcpd.h presence... yes
checking for tcpd.h... yes
checking pthread.h usability... yes
checking pthread.h presence... yes
checking for pthread.h... yes
checking sys/ioctl.h usability... yes
checking sys/ioctl.h presence... yes
checking for sys/ioctl.h... yes
checking util.h usability... no
checking util.h presence... no
checking for util.h... no
checking pty.h usability... yes
checking pty.h presence... yes
checking for pty.h... yes
checking stropts.h usability... yes
checking stropts.h presence... yes
checking for stropts.h... yes
checking sys/filio.h usability... no
checking sys/filio.h presence... no
checking for sys/filio.h... no
checking sys/resource.h usability... yes
checking sys/resource.h presence... yes
checking for sys/resource.h... yes
checking for snprintf... yes
checking for vsnprintf... yes
checking for openpty... yes
checking for _getpty... no
checking for daemon... yes
checking for waitpid... yes
checking for wait4... yes
checking for sysconf... yes
checking for getrlimit... yes
checking for pthread_sigmask... yes
checking for setgroups... yes
checking for localtime_r... yes
checking for chroot... yes
checking for endhostent... yes
checking for unsigned char... yes
checking size of unsigned char... 1
checking for unsigned short... yes
checking size of unsigned short... 2
checking for unsigned int... yes
checking size of unsigned int... 4
checking for unsigned long... yes
checking size of unsigned long... 4
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating src/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/Makefile
config.status: creating tools/Makefile
config.status: creating tools/stunnel.conf-sample
config.status: creating tools/stunnel.init

Thanks,

Kent Kling

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information of Transaction Network Services.Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.