[stunnel-users] connect_wait: s_poll_wait timeout

Michal Trojnara Michal.Trojnara at mobi-com.net
Mon Feb 7 09:55:08 CET 2005

Alexander Lazic wrote:

> we run stunnel on an solaris 9 with unlimited FD.
> Today we get the follwing error:
>
> connect_wait: s_poll_wait timeout

It simply means that your remote web server was not able to accept the
connection within 10 seconds.  You can increase the timeout with
TIMEOUTconnect option.

> With 'top' we see ~190-~220 threads and the client can't connect to our
> site.

Quite a huge load for a website.  You could try squid as an http accelerator
or cluster your webserver.

> [https]
> accept = 10.3.169.208:443
> connect = 10.3.169.208:10800

I think you could get a bit better performance with: "connect = 10800" (same
as "connect = localhost:10800").

> xforwardedfor = yes

I hope your xforwardedfor patch is not a security risk.  AFAIR there were
obvious buffer overflows in the patches on stunnel.org website.

Best regards,