[stunnel-users] Session resumption

Brian Hatch bri at stunnel.org
Thu Oct 28 01:44:21 CEST 2004

> I use Stunnel 4.03  I have been working on a project with some slow POS
> equipment trying to do SSL connections.  Because of the slow processors on
> these devices, we are trying to speed up the connection and transaction.
> The concept of "session resumption" came up.  What is the best way to setup
> Stunnel to make subsequent connections faster with session resumption.

Stunnel will use session-id caching (session resupmtion) by default if
available.  The client, when connecting, says "Hey, I've got this old
session-id, want to use it?" and if the server is cool with it, it will
skip the normal/computationally intensive handshake.

When you run Stunnel, include the full debugging and look for
'session id reuse' in the output - if you're getting sessions
reused, then everything's working correctly.

--
Brian Hatch                  I do not speak for
   Systems and                my employer.  I have

Every message PGP signed