[stunnel-users] stunnel with netcat.

Graeme Stewart gstewart at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 20:40:57 CEST 2004

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:39:57 +0200 (CEST), Jan Meijer
<jan.meijer at surfnet.nl> wrote:

> That logging probably holds the solution to your problem.  Because it
> probably holds the problem ;).  I don't know what OS you're using; if it's
> debian linux you'll find the logging in /var/log/daemon.log, otherwise
> most likely in /var/log/messages.  Can you check that logging to see what
> it says regarding stunnel?
>
> If the logging is not present, uncomment these settings and check the
> stunnel.log.
>
> > #debug = 7
> > #output = stunnel.log

Jan,

   You rock. Thanks. I was able to figure out the problem by
uncommenting the debug option, and setting: foreground=yes

I hadn't created or set write permissions correctly on the chroot
directory. Once I did that everything worked perfectly.

Many, many thanks for your guidance. It sometimes takes a nudge in the
right direction.

Graeme